Thursday, April 21, 2011

...With a Little Help From My Friends

Alright life, you've thrown some curveballs at me the last 24 hours, and I respect that. But enough is enough.

If you recall, I mentioned in Frankie Say RELAX that I have about 25 bad days a year. Well, lucky me! I just had one...although, not in the sense that it was all in one day, but in one 24-hour period. And boy, was. it. bad. Without divulging too much, I had an upsetting visit with a close friend, became somewhat "ill" for a day, found out my dogs ate chocolate, and had a miserably lonely, sick day off. Well, shit on a brick. Don't know what that means, but it feels right.

These days are draining for me. With so much good in my life, it's hard to handle the really, really bad. It's true, I don't have much, but I really appreciate what I do have. My grandparents certainly raised me well! They at least instilled that quality in me, I'm proud to say. So when something goes terribly wrong, it tends to go super fuckin' terribly wrong. This was my last 24 hours. Awful, awful, emotionally draining 24 hours. Thankfully, the good in my life always prevails!

With my roommate home and my two little boys in good health, all is well in the world again. I am truly thankful for the friends I have made down here, and Jamie Elizabeth Goss is no flippin' exception! My roommate, literally (as in, we share a room!), and best friend, a person I can count on for anything. She's family. There's a large portion of my heart with a No Vacancy sign lit up permanently for her.

Although she is obviously a huge part of my life, I have made many, many other amazing friends here in LA. Daniel, Teri, Nick R., Nick A., Nick M. (I said I love me some Nicks!), Veronica, Lino, Vada, Mario...the list goes on and on. If you've read my "about me" on Facebook, you know I have a constant need for interaction. So every single person who I interact with, no matter how little or how much, is a part of who I am. They make me whole, in one way or another. During this 24-hour period, one of them hurt me very badly. That's a very hard thing to handle, so I'm here to say "thank you." Thank you to the ones who truly care and know how to handle me. The ones who get me. The ones who never let me down. You know who you are, and you know that you're loved...just want you to know it's more than you probably expected.

After an exhausting day of grief, I'm thankful to be going to work tomorrow. I have settled in quite nicely at my new store, and am of course, extremely grateful for it. It's nice to get back to the daily grind when the world gets in the way of my happy little life. I love my life. I love my friends. World, you can try and try, but somehow, someway, I will always come out on top. Because damn it, that's where the good lovin' is!

No comments:

Post a Comment