Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's Alllll In The Hips...

Tomorrow is a BIG day for me! As you probably know, I am performing for the first time not only with an instrument, but my own original material! And I am freeeeeaking out. Just a bit. Okay, a LOT.

I am thrilled that it's happening, though. It's about damn time! After all of the lectures I've received from friends, the encouragement, the pushing, the annoyance in their voices as they tell me for the millionth time... I am FINALLY doing it. This is good for me. I know this. You know this. Buuuuut...I'm still scared, of course.

A friend of mine told me recently that even though he's performed about a thousand times on stage, he still gets nervous every time. Somewhat encouraging, somewhat not. It's comforting to know that someone like him understands, yet I'd like to know it gets easier. Well, I know it gets easier...but it'll never be easy. At least for me. My songs are so personal to me, they're like my children. Each one is carefully thought through and deeply emotional for me. It's why I write. Music is my outlet for all of the crap running through my head on a daily basis. So to share it with the world is a big jump for me. This is it. I'm doing it. No turning back. Nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide!

I am incredibly honored to have been asked to do this show, so I want to give it my all. Guess that means I should go to sleep, right? My very good friend, Robert, is coming over in the morning so we can both practice our butts off and give our best tomorrow night. I can't believe it's finally happening...in less than 24 hours. Sounds like the start of a b-e-a-U-tiful friendship! Music, thank you. You have done more for me than anything else in the world. Tomorrow night, it's just me and you. No one else. This is what we've been waiting for. Let's show 'em what we've got... ain't no thang but a guitar strang! .....Yes, I just said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment