Monday, April 4, 2011

Starbucks...My Second Home

Keeping this one short, you can thank me later!

For those of you who don't know, I have been working for Starbucks since January of 2010 (and also 7 months a couple of years back...but that's another story). I currently work at Pico and Robertson, just outside of Beverly Hills, but in the Beverly Hills district none the less. I...LOVE this store- the customers, the store, the manager and alllll of my delightful coworkers. They are literally a second family to me, and I feel more at home there than my own home sometimes. I found out today that I am leaving the store in two weeks (April 18th) to begin a new adventure at Santa Monica and Wilshire, the dreaded "Triangle". Labeled the toughest store in the district, it is home to many rushes, many celebrities, and many visits from our beloved CEO, Howard Schultz. I am transferring there to get what is called "second-store experience" on my journey to assistant manager and eventually, store manager.

"Why do I care?" you ask? No ranting or raving on this post, just wanted to have in writing how much I will miss this place, and love my peeps. This is for my Starbuckians, or as Chris used to call it, those who are "Starbuckanese".

So, to Vada, Celia, Lino, Mario, Tim, Stephanie, Vanessa, Dan, Dani, Keyjuana, Lindsey, our newbie Francis (who I already love) and of COURSE, Veronica...you guys mean more to me than I could ever explain. You are my family, and I love all of you and appreciate all the love, respect and support you have shown me during my time there. You will never be forgotten. Know that you guys have been a part of my life during a lot of personal struggles, be it with music, my relationship, financial drama or me just finding...me. I am excited to start this new journey, but saddened to be leaving such a wonderful, wonderful place with amazing people and connections.

To my customers...Ira, Phoenix, Bill, Brian and Charles (my trouble-makers! And can't forget Hank!), Walt, D, Dave, Rachel, Steph, Lee, Michael, Johnathon, Alan, Barbara, Walter, Wolfe, Isaac (ohhhh how I miss you), Lauren, Melissa, Jordan (and Scrappy :D), Cesar, Avi, Laura, etc etc...I could literally go on and on...Some of you I see in passing. Some of you I smile just because you came in today. Some of you have become connections for my music. And some of you have become close, personal friends. I could never have better customers, no- a better family, a home away from home. I will miss you all and be in to visit- cuz I know when you show up!!! Your love and support and constant compliments and mentoring have shaped me into a strong barista, leader and person. So thank you!!!

I am looking towards the future with high hopes. This is very bittersweet for me, but I know I will succeed and do well at Triangle. I can't wait to show everyone what I've got and continue to move forward with the company. Unless of course, I get a record deal. We all know it's Starbucks or music for me! Sooo...no hard feelings Howard ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's great Shaneil! I have a few friends that work for Starbucks up here... one that even has a teaching degree but continues to work there because she just loves it, and it's better job security.

    Good luck!
    I'm loving reading all about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete