Sunday, June 19, 2011

Holy Moly Guacamole!

Well, well, well. What a crazy effin' day! So much to talk about, yet I have to be up in 6 hours. Crahhhp.

Let's just get this out of the way. It's Father's Day. Whoopity-doo. I got to hear about everyone's dads today and how much they love them and blah blah blah. You know, it didn't really bother me that much, to be honest. Not in the sense that I miss my father. I just felt left out of the celebration. So instead, I decided to think about the fathers that I have had in my life.

I'm blessed for my grandfather, who raised me until I was 16. A Texan soul to the core, and a great person. He couldn't care less about technology, loves to laugh, and would be the first one to answer my door with a shotgun, should a boy appear. He instilled a lot of strength and wisdom in me... and taught me to play blackjack. :)

Chris's dad, Marcus. Such an amazing person. A witty sense of humor, hell- sense of being, and intelligence that would blow your mind. He loves math and music as much as I do, so that in itself won me over! I'll never forget when I first met him... I made a crack about the 49ers, and he said, "You know, we own a lot of land out here and no one would miss you." HA! That evil grin was enough for me. Let's just say I cheered the 49ers on when I was there...

Then there's Monte. My dear, sweet Uncle Monte. Oh, how I miss you... let's save that for another blog. Just know I think about you every day, and pray to God you are proud of me.

Okay, with all of that nonsense out of the way... I was reminded today that my true friends and loved ones will always stick up for me. After a crazy loon in my store caused a scene, my good friend and co-worker, Dan, backed me up with some really kind words. He was also there for me last week when I had a slight breakdown at work... Okay. I cried my eyes out. In his arms. What a truly dear friend of mine. Love you Dan!

Then, a very sweet older lady, Laura, came in for her daily frappucino (which basically consists of 4 espresso shots, a tiny splash of nonfat milk, and ice. Yuck). She was already in tears the minute she walked in the door. She has a really hard time dealing with the loss of her parents, poor thing. I'm not sure how long ago she lost them, but I understand feeling that loss as if it happened yesterday. It's been over 5 years since Monte passed, and I swear I think I see him sometimes, and I lose it. So here comes dear Laura, and as she's talking to me, she suddenly says "Give me your dad's cell number! I'm going to call him and tell him what an amazing daughter he's missing out on. Seriously!" I won't even say everything she said, because I find it awkward haha... but she said some seriously amazing things about me. Have I been saying seriously too much? Seriously. Seriously?

Anyways, good things, good day. And now? I. Am. Stressed. With the lack of an expected vehicle and my undying need to procrastinate, I am in quite the pickle! And I really don't like pickles. Seriously. ;) After riding the bus to kinko's- yes, I said KINKO'S! Screw FedEx!- I got on the computer to find out hotmail was not working and everything I had sent to myself to print was inaccessible. Awesome. Now my material for the huge interview that I have Tuesday and was going to meet with my store manager about tomorrow is locked up. Great. Fabulous. Fan-fuckin-tastic. Will Shaneil pull this one off? I have, after all, hit a bump in the road before every meeting I've ever had with this job. And still pulled through. It'll be fine. Right? Right.

Busy, busy day. A lot going through my head, so less wit and more ramble in this entry. I'm all apologies. Wait, no I'm not. Why am I apologizing? Sorry. Shit! Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment